Serving Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, and surrounding California areas with the latest tax advice and updates. Learn about the differences between a CPA and an Enrolled Agent, stay up to date on the latest tax changes and more.

Corporate Tax Preparation: What Your Glendale CPA Needs From You

Hiring a professional to file your corporate taxes? Tax professionals like CPAs or Enrolled Agents are valuable assets to preparing your tax returns and can offer valuable insights into tax law changes, filing your returns, and determining how future business plans may affect your taxes. Robert Hall & Associates helps business owners in the Glendale, Burbank,…
Read More

The Importance of Tax Planning After the 2018 Tax Reform

Are you prepared for your 2018 Tax Return? If you think it’s too early to start planning for your 2018 taxes, you’d be mistaken. Now more than ever, in the wake of the 2018 Tax Reform, it’s crucial to meet with your trusted tax advisor to plan for how the new federal regulations specifically impact…
Read More

Tax Deductions for State Employees: What’s Changing Under the New Tax Code

  If you’re a W2 state employee such as a fire fighter, police officer, teacher, or paramedic, then you may be familiar with federal tax deductions for non-reimbursed business expenses. Under the old tax rule, W2 state employees were able to deduct non-reimbursed business expenses from their federal tax return if these expenses exceeded 2%…
Read More

Is it the Right Time to Incorporate Your Business?

  The one question our tax consultants hear most often from small business owners is “When is it the right time for me to incorporate my business?” The truth is, the answer to that question is different for everybody. Choosing the right entity type for your business can be a tricky process and lead to…
Read More

1099s Under the New Tax Bill—What You Need to Know

  Are you a self-employed 1099 Employee? If so, you may be aware that the new tax law has notable changes to the way independent contractors are taxed. The 2018 Federal Tax Reform offers significant amendments to the tax liabilities and benefits afforded to 1099 contractors, reversing a longtime tax advantage previously held by W-2…
Read More

Top Advantages for Using an Enrolled Agent for Taxes, Instead of a CPA

With tax time right around the corner, many Americans will be making the decision of how to prepare their income taxes for the year. For those who seek the assistance of a professional, that generally comes down to choosing between hiring an Enrolled Agent (EA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to prepare the return….
Read More

Enrolled Agents vs. CPAs: Which Tax Professional is Best for You?

Although both a certified public accountant (CPA) and an enrolled agent (EA) can prepare your taxes and perform various related services, there are multiple differences between these two types of financial professionals. It is important to understand the benefits and limitations (if any) of using either type for your tax and/or accounting needs. Here is…
Read More

Have tax questions? Ask Us.

The first step to hassle-free accounting, tax returns, and tax planning starts by reaching out to one of our representatives.

Contact Us

Robert Hall and Associates Tax Consultants